Obtaining an IRWA designation can offer several benefits to those seeking to advance their career or establish expertise in a specialized field. Here are the top five advantages to obtaining a designation:
1. Expertise and Specialization – IRWA has several specialized designations that signify focused training and education of individuals who demonstrate their expertise in a specific area. Industry Designations for the Right of Way Agent (RWA), Right of Way Professional (RWP) and Senior Right of Way Professional (SR/WA) include General Industry, Transportation, Electric & Utilities, Oil & Gas. The Specialty Certification includes the Appraisal (AC), Asset/Property Management (AMC), Negotiation and Acquisition (NAC), Relocation Assistance (RAC), and the Uniform Act (URAC).
2. Credibility – Having this designation provides credibility to professionals in the right of way industry. This designation will serve as a third-party validation of one’s qualifications and abilities, which is particularly important in the right of way industry where trust and reputation are paramount.
3. Personal Satisfaction – Achieving a designation in a specific area can be personally fulfilling. It demonstrates your commitment to your field and can provide a sense of accomplishment.
4. Stay Current – IRWA certification programs require ongoing education and recertification to ensure that you as a professional, stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices. This commitment to lifelong learning can be beneficial in the right of way field.
5. Client Confidence – Public agency, utility and energy companies may be more confident in hiring or working with professionals who possess the recognized IRWA designations. It provides assurance that the individual has the necessary knowledge and skills to meet the client’s specific needs.
Contact me to help get you started or answer any questions you may have.
Cheryl DeMucci, PDC Chapter 1, [email protected].