BY: Janelle Parra
It has been a year and three months since the City of Los Angeles’ (City) Mayor Garcetti issued the “Stay-at-Home” order. Many City departments did not have a telecommuting policy at that time. However, as a resilient City, we managed to continue business as usual in the comfort of our homes. Some us had to do it while fighting for our lives overcoming COVID-19!
Congratulations! As the Center for Disease Control lifts many restrictions placed during the pandemic and the City works towards the new norm, many City jobs and business opportunities await.
Following is a list of websites containing City jobs and business opportunities:
- https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lacity/classspecs – Sign up for online notifications of upcoming job opportunities with the City.
- https://personline.lacity.org/apps/jobpost/ – View City job opportunities by clicking at the different icons in this website.
- https://labavn.force.com/LABAVN/s/ – Sign up for online notifications of upcoming business (bid) or current opportunities with the City here.
- https://bca.lacity.org – Obtain information on the City contracting process and compliance guidelines here.
- https://ewddlacity.com – Jobs and business opportunities and resources for City residents and businesses can be found at this website.
- https://www.ladwp.com/ladwp/faces/ladwp/partners/p-vendorsandbidders?_afrLoop=253519159513315&_afrWindowMode=0&_afrWindowId=g6qknms7g_1#%40%3F_afrWindowId%3Dg6qknms7g_1%26_afrLoop%3D253519159513315%26_afrWindowMode%3D0%26_adf.ctrl-state%3Dg6qknms7g_21 – Contracting opportunities with the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power can be found here.
- https://www.lawa.org – Contracting and business opportunities with the Los Angeles World Airports can be found here.
- https://www.portoflosangeles.org/business/contracting-opportunities – Contracting opportunities and information with the Port of Los Angeles can be found here.
As we end this fiscal year, I would like to thank our President Ann Kulikoff and my fellow Board members for their leadership and continued support. I also would like to congratulate my fellow incoming Board members and look forward to serving our members as your incoming Secretary!