I am excited to be President of IRWA Chapter 1 for 2017-2018. Last year, we won the Chapter of the Year Award for the first time in our history! This recognition highlights the generations of accomplishments our members have achieved. Now, let’s move forward with confidence and optimism!
Our Board of Directors looks forward to building Chapter 1 with the following ambitious goals for this year.
- Build on Chapter of the Year.
- Look for continued emphasis on luncheon speakers whose presentations contribute to your professional development, and luncheon locations with quality meals and service to maximize attendance and professional networking.
- Look for continued improvements to our website irwa1.org so it becomes your “go-to” source for Chapter 1 activities, events and information.
- Increase membership with outreach to municipalities and agencies with modest or no participation in IRWA. Chapter 1 can be your solution to make the real estate group at your agency more effective.
- Create a Young Professionals Group. Our young professionals are our future, and we want your involvement! Right of Way is an exciting, multi-disciplinary profession. It requires continuous learning. Our activities rarely fall into routine patterns. Our work matters—it lasts for decades and is often right there in your city. Join us!
- Chapter 1 will offer at least 8 courses this year to further your professional development goals to the Generalist or Specialist certifications. See course list, dates and locations at irwaonline.org!
- Three Big Events this Year. We want you to join us at these important professional development and networking opportunities:
- Fall Seminar: Back by Popular Demand on November 2. We want you to be there to learn the latest lessons in project delivery to ensure your project success!
- TriChapter Luncheon: Chapter 1 hosts this annual luncheon in early December where you can meet and mingle with your colleagues in nearby Orange County (Chapter 67) and the Inland Empire (Chapter 57).
- Valuation Seminar: this always-popular seminar focuses on valuation and litigation issues in Spring 2018.
Feel free to contact me with your comments or ideas about our chapter. It’ll be great year!
Ray Mehler, SR/WA, R/W-RAC, PMP